Friday, February 17, 2012

A new day, a new blessing.

I love greeting cards.  I love the way they feel...the way they smell...  Mostly, I love the way they make a person feel when they receive one.  There is just something wonderfully exciting about opening the mailbox to find an encouraging greeting nestled in a simple white envelope.  I think children really understand that these little notes, lovingly picked or painstakingly crafted, are so much more important than the spoken word.  Because the words are written, stamped, typed or embossed it makes them more real somehow...

The girls and I had a play date this afternoon with our lovely neighbors.  It's a give and take relationship, she gives me coffee and grown-up conversation.  I bring her pretty little packages of greeting cards that I get from my company.  It's a win-win in my book.  If you have a sweet neighbor or two, like me, consider what you love and don't forget to share...

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."  Luke 6:38


1 comment:

  1. You are so right. Writing and sending cards seems to be becoming a lost art, yet they are so special and can put such a bright smile on someone's face.

    I look forward to more of your blog entries. 8^)

    ReplyDelete