Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Blessing of Hospitality

In anticipation of our new Grace and Gratitude tableware, I have decided to write to you today about hospitality.  What does God's word say about hospitality?  Hebrews 13:2 says "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it (NASB)."  We should all be willing to cheerfully share our food, shelter, and spiritual refreshment with those that God brings into our lives!  Just last week, my mother-in-law gave us an enormous spiral-sliced-ham, and being a family of four with just two young children, I knew we couldn't possibly eat it all!  I placed a very large portion in a bowl and brought it to my sweet neighbor, who was able to make several meals out of it for her family.  My mother-in-law's generosity blessed 8 people, four of whom she doesn't really know!  I encourage you all to consider ways you may bless others with the gift of hospitality.  Maybe hosting a neighborhood bible study in your home, or inviting an unbeliever to dinner so they may experience God's love through you and your family.  Whatever it is that you feel God leading you to do, I pray that you receive many blessings from your hospitality!





The new Grace and Gratitude Tableware pictured above will be available at my website beginning April 2, 2012.  All profits (less tithes) support foreign missions!


http://www.myblessingsunlimited.net/pagemccurry/Products/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment